Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Broke Urban Lawyer Returns from Oblivion with Good News

I've been terribly neglectful about blogging here. However, I come bearing good news. I've made incredible progress on my debt. And I mean incredible in the literal sense of the word - impossible to believe!

I've paid off all but one of my credit cards. All I have left in credit card land is a $2900 medical bill from surgery earlier in the year. It's interest-free until next summer, so I'm going to take my time paying that one off.

Oh, and I still have my car loan, a loan from my parents, and my student loans. My debt sentence still has many years left on it. It feels nice to have a little victory, though.

My credit cards represented 20% of my debt burden, so I'm 1/5 of the way toward freedom.

I hesitated about whether to post this on Facebook because I consider money to be a somewhat private topic, but I opted to do so, and the outpouring of support from my friends and family has been amazing. I have a bunch of people cheering me on.

No comments: